Sunday, July 17, 2011

BIble in 90 Days - Check-in 2


Hi!  Welcome to our farm.  It was said on the Mom's Toolbox website that we will have the opportunity to post about the Bible in 90 Days experience.  I'm not sure how this will go, but I think it is a great thing.  Reading the Bible in 90 Days program is wonderful.  This will be the fourth time I have read the Bible through, and each time I learn new things and notice things I've never seen before.

I think one of the best parts of the program is getting to witness so many other women with like minds getting together to read the Bible and give Glory to God.  It is eye opening to see so many others from different backgrounds together for the same reason.

This time I made up my mind I was going to read The Message version of the Bible.  I wanted to see if I noticed more things I hadn't before in a more modern translation.  That did not work out well.  This version had twice as many pages than my B90 Days version.  It did not occur to me this would make a difference until I got behind early.  Then I started trying to find out why.  The same readings in The Message were many pages longer.  The book was so large it didn't fit easily in my purse, so I couldn't carry it with me.  I have since switched back to my old B90 Days version that is duct taped together since I carry it everywhere I go.  But it has served me well, and will continue to do so!

If you get behind, don't worry.  Just don't stop reading.  If you don't stop, you can't lose!

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back by to see us soon.

Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment