Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wednesday

I don't know why it is, but Wednesdays seem so busy lately.  It is really a busy day for me.  I have to pick up GrandBoy, if Daughter #1 doesn't have time to.  He comes to go to church and stay the night.  I try to go to the bank and post office each day to check for rent.  Tomorrow I have appointments at the insurance office at 2:30, I have to pick up some rent at 3:00, I need to pick up an order of window glass for one of the rental homes Pappy is working on.  And there is dinner to prepare and church at 6:30.  I guess it doesn't help that it gets dark earlier too.

Daughter #3 asked what I wanted for my birthday.  I told her I wanted her to come to church and spend the day with her family.  She said I could pick the day.  I chose November 20th, because I thought the congregation would have Thanksgiving dinner that day.  But it appears they are not going to do that at this congregation.  I haven't told daughter though, because I still want her to come.  So this morning when I got up, she had texted me to see if we could go to a nearby flea market after church.  I guess she is a little excited to be coming too.

Tonight for dinner we had lamb roast made in the crock pot with carrots, potatoes, and onions.  We also had rolls with butter.  The lamb was ours, and the potatoes.  It was delicious.

I'm starting to plan a little bit for Thanksgiving.  We always invite several friends, and any family that wants to attend.  I have to see what we need to purchase and make a big shopping trip this weekend. 

I love to read, and do so all the time.  I always have a book with me, sometimes more that one.  My favorite is mysteries, and a lot of non fiction.  When I was a little girl, ( I mean pretty little!) I remember that my Mom would take me to the local Salvation Army Thrift store.  There was a little stool in front of the book cases, and the ladies would place a brown paper bag on the floor beside me.  I would sit on the stool, and push it along while I looked at all the books.  I placed the keepers in my bag, and when it was full, I was done for that trip.  My Mom would pay and we would go home.  I have always loved to read.  I know books at the thrift store back then were probably only about a dime a piece but that was a lot to me.  Such a treat, and I loved to go to that store!  Now I take GrandBoy, and he loves books too!  So thankful that my Mom let me develop a love for books. 

See you tomorrow.  Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment