Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!  By the time you read this, Thanksgiving will be here, and may be already gone for another year.  I have so much to be thankful for, and I'd like to share a little of that with you.

When my girls were toddlers, we started a family tradition.  Starting November 1st of each year, once a day  I would take down our kitchen calendar and ask each daughter what she was thankful for.  Some days they would all be thankful for the same thing, maybe chocolate cake we had for desert.  Our maybe one daughter would be thankful for her favorite book every day for a week.  It didn't matter, I was just trying to get them to notice their blessings and be thankful.  What ever they said I would write down, until Thanksgiving.  Then My husband and I made a list also, and I would combine the lists and read them at dinner. 

Now our daughters are grown.  They write their own lists, and sometimes they don't chose to share them.  But we still record our thankful lists each year.  I remember one year my Aunt was with us, and she said, "you didn't tell us we had homework!"  One year after Thanksgiving, my sister gave me cute little Thankful cards after Thanksgiving to use the next year!

We also always invite others to share our meal with us.  This year I'm not sure who all will be at our table, since my daughters are grown and can invite their friends.  And even though I won't be able to eat what the others eat, I know we will have a wonderful time together.

Now, what I am thankful for this year.  I am thankful for having such a wonderful husband.  We have been together 30 years, and will be married 29 years next month.  He is always supportive of anything and everything I try. He is a wonderful provider and planner for our family.  He is a wonderful man.

I'm thankful for my three daughters.  We both really miss the three little girls who loved us and were so close.  But our girls are now grown.  I'm thankful they live near or with us.  I'm thankful they have jobs and are pursuing educations if they chose.  I'm glad they are safe and healthy.  I pray they continue to grow "in wisdom and stature and favor with God and man".

We are so thankful for our GrandBoy.  After raising three girls, this little boy is so different, and keeps us laughing all the time.  Today he didnt' want to do something Pappy told him to do.  So he told Pappy he could get a "new" boy.  When I got home, he told me, "Pappa going to get a new boy.  You tell him "NO", K Honey?"  I thought that was so cute! I hope this enjoyment continues for a long time.

I'm thankful Daughter # 3 and GrandBoy live down the road and are near enough that we can see them every day.  And I'm thankful that GrandBoy can start 3 year old kindergarten in our public school this fall.

I'm thankful Daughters 1 and 2 are in school, and pursing fields they will enjoy.  One in Nursing, and one in Criminal Justice.

I'm thankful to still have my parents, and my sister.  Some many people my age have neither parent, and so lucky to still have both.

I'm thankful for my job that I enjoy and go to each day. 

I'm thankful for our Church family, in our neighborhood church.  It is such an honor to study with people who are diligently seeking the Lord's truth.

I'm thankful that I am healthy.  And I'm thankful that after the medical scare I had Sunday evening, that I will be able to easily take care of this health problem and work on getting well quickly. 

I'm thankful for the friends I've made on the Internet, and the ladies that pray with me when I request it.

I'm thankful that we live on a farm and can easily produce a lot of what we eat.

I'm so thankful and blessed.  I can honestly say that there is really nothing that I need.  God has been good to us, and for that I am thankful. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day with your family and friends.  Happy Thanksgiving.  Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment