Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thank you Lord for my Husband

I'm so glad that tomorrow is Friday.  But I have noticed that they certainly come around more often than they used to.  But since I am getting older, I need them to come quickly because I am always tired!  Tomorrow is Friday the 13th!  I was raised in a Southern, superstitious family.  I try to avoid Friday the 13ths!  If I had my rathers, I'd stay home, reading a good book, and maybe getting my house clean.  (I won't tell you I need to take down my Christmas tree, because you might think I am crazy.  Really, I'm just busy and short-handed!)

The weather here has been strange.  We were warm for a week or so.  The it rained a lot.  Now it is cold with snow flurries and flooding.  I'm about done with winter this year.  I'm ready for Spring.

This is another one of the photos my daughters took for Christmas. 



Pappy and the GrandBoy

Today I was thinking how thankful I am for my husband.  He always support me in what ever I want to do.  Since he retired, he does what ever needs to be done at home, even keeping our 3 year old GrandBoy three days a week.  GrandBoy was so wound up today that our dog (a miniature dauschound) had been hiding all day.  He hid so well that Pappy thought something had happened and he was missing.  Pappy went to bed at 4:30 and hasn't been seen since.  I guess it was a rough day.  Normally none of these things happen.  Then after GrandBoy's mom came to get him, he called later crying saying he wanted to stay at Honey's house.  I left him down there.  He'll be back in the morning!

Now Pappy would tell you a lot of this was my fault.  That I called and texted him all morning with problems or updates on our tenants.  Then I called during nap time, and woke GrandBoy up when he'd only been asleep for 40 minutes.  He said if I keep calling during nap time, he will cut the phone off.

All three of my girls are mad at me, at the same time, for different reasons.  Oh well.  The Lord didn't tell us moms that we'd be popular.

I started reading "Seasons of a Mother's Heart" from my list yesterday.  Part of me was thinking today that this book is for young mothers, and I'm an older Mom, so maybe I should read something more appropriate.  But for some reason I was drawn to this book.  And since the book is about seasons, and I AM still a mom, surely there is something encouraging in the book for me, right?  I hope so.  I could use some encouraging.

Have a wonderful Friday.  Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment