Monday, April 2, 2012

Morning friends!  We've been out of town lately, visiting family.  I'm always so glad to be back home!   We've had some additions to the farm in the last few weeks, and I thought I'd update you there.  About two weeks ago, Pappy bought me two jersey cows!  They were very thin, and needed to be fattened up.  So we are working on that, and they look a great deal better all ready.  Pappy got an unbelievable deal on them, and so after they breed and have calves, we will be able to milk them.  At that point, I will have to work out some way to have help with them.  But I'm sure I will enjoy having our own source of milk.

Another addition is in the way of baby chicks.  Tractor Supply had chicks for sale, and we got some so GrandBoy could see them grow.  I think the minimum purchase was 6, so that is what we got.  A week later, Pappy and GrandBoy were at another farm supply store.  GrandBoy saw more baby chicks, and threw a fit so he could bring Honey some more chicks!

This weekend we took some friends to the flea market.  They had never been, and it was our first trip of the year.  We were looking for peacocks, guineas, and pigeons.  We didn't find anything that day.  The next morning, Pappy ran to another flea market, and was able to find some pigeons and a pair of turkeys.  So we were excited. 

I think that is all the new additions for now.  I'll try to have photos this week.  Thanks for stopping by!  Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment